Senior Graphics Software Engineer
ARM is looking for a highly skilled and motivated software engineer to join an Agile embedded software development team working on the leading edge of mobile GPU, Display, and Video technologies. Working on the next generation Mali™ mobile IPs and the latest yet-to-be-published Android versions, you will help shape the technologies that the mobile market will see in years to come.
You will be joining a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development team located across Cambridge (UK), Trondheim (Norway), and Lund (Sweden). The team is responsible for the subsystem software components that are used by the Mali GPU, Display, and Video drivers. You will be responsible for ensuring seamless integration of the Mali software stacks and develop features that cross more than one driver software stack. You will become familiar with all Mali driver stacks and how they interact with and integrate into the Android multimedia subsystem framework.
About the Media Processing Group:
The Media Processing Group produces graphics hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, Display and Video IP. Our Mali™ Graphics Processors (GPUs) have an advanced, highly programmable architecture for accelerating 2D and 3D graphics, specifically tuned for high performance and energy efficiency. The flagship Mali-T800 series multi-core GPU sets a new standard for graphics and compute performance with low energy consumption. Our OpenGL ES, OpenCL and Renderscript drivers support cutting edge gaming and state of the art user interfaces on operating systems such as Linux and Android. To see the current Mali GPUs in action take a look at the Mali Developer Center (http://www.malideveloper.com).
Our mission is to be the number one provider of 2D/3D Graphics technology on the planet. If you have a passion for graphics technology and want to shape the future of mobile devices, then we want to hear from you.
Education & Qualifications:
* Bachelors, Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record.
Skills & Experience required:
* Experience of software development for a commercial organization.
* Experience developing software for Linux, Android, preferably working on driver or middleware development.
* Expert knowledge of C.
* Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills.
* Practical, organized and analytical approach to work.
* Good oral and written English skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
* Knowledge of Khronos APIs such as EGL, and GLES.
* Experience in kernel device drivers.
* Knowledge of video codecs and display software frameworks
* Knowledge of Android graphics and media framework.
* Familiarity with SoC memory subsystem principles (MMUs, caches, etc)
Applications from candidates who don't fully meet the essential criteria but who demonstrate a passion and aptitude for the role will also be considered. The grade and salary offered for the successful applicant will reflect the level of skills and experience.