Test Development Engineer - Mobile Performance
Do you want to stamp your mark on the future of mobile computing by improving the performance and end user experience (UX) of billions of ARM based devices? You have the opportunity to join a team of motivated and professional engineers helping ARM to maintain its leadership in the mobile market, as well as playing an essential role as ARM competes in other emerging consumer markets.
About the role
This role is within the expanding BLG Performance Group responsible for enabling the best possible user experience on ARM based smartphones, tablets, Chromebooks and 2-in-1 devices.
We are looking for a determined test development engineer with a strong sense of ownership and attention to detail. You will have overall responsibility for delivering and maintaining the test development infrastructure for the group. You will deliver a reliable, robust and scalable test platform that allows other engineers within the group to perform performance analysis experiments and regression tests across a range of mobile computing devices.
The role is not limited to managing the test infrastructure and you will actively contribute to the creation and maintenance of the automated workloads used for functional and performance tests. These workloads recreate real world test scenarios and user interactions on consumer mobile devices. You will get to learn about both the software and hardware by writing workloads that test the capabilities of mobile devices.
You will work with a range of different test platforms including consumer devices, evaluation boards and also software models. You will often be working at the leading edge of technology and you will get to collaborate with internal teams and ARM partners to quickly bring up and stabilize these platforms.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, although other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Proven experience in test automation, ideally using Android UiAutomation or an equivalent test framework
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Confident using version control systems, such as Git
- Scripting experience with Shell, Python and/ or Perl
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
What will I be accountable for?
- Management and integration of the groups test facilities with external test and continuous integration systems
- Development and maintenance of automated workloads for mobile devices such as Android smartphones and tablets
- Regular integration of new devices and platforms
- Regression testing of workloads across a range of devices and the careful management of software and application updates