Software Product Manager - Open Source Firmware
ARM is looking for a Software Product Manager who can work across all of the ARM stakeholders and its key customers to gather and prioritise requirements; create a strategy to satisfy these requirements, and communicate this to all stakeholders, via presentations and media, including digital channels.
The Software Product Manager will understand the software development flow and will engage with developers, both internally and externally, to highlight the advantages of the ARM software (ecosystem), as well as position it against the competition.
This postholder will product manage ARM's contributions to key firmware components such as UEFI, and potentially include other software products in future.
The ability to develop material highlighting the capabilities of open source software is important in this role and the successful Software Product Manager will work with the ARM Marcomms team to plan activity, including press and analyst briefings, conference presentations, and technology demonstrations.
Please note, a covering letter must be submitted with all applications, in order to be considered.
- Capture stakeholder, customer and market requirements and translate into product plans.
- Perform competitive analysis and identify the strengths and weaknesses of ARM software (ecosystem) versus the competition.
- Put together business models that form a basis for long-term, affordable software development and an overall profitable ARM.
- Work with the Marketing Communications team to plan and execute product promotions, events, tradeshows and seminars.
- Evangelize and enthuse customers and Sales with the software offering and participate in customer meetings, sales meetings, and training.
- Work with the complete value chain of end customers, manufacturers, and designers of hardware, software and systems to capture specific market segment needs.
- Perform market research to understand market trends and directions.
Key essential experience:
- Good knowledge of low-level embedded and mobile software
- Good understanding of the use of software tools
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Good knowledge of CPU architectures and microprocessors
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers.
- Enthusiasm and drive.
- Good leadership skills.
- Motivation to work both unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks.
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- Comfortable with the requirement to travel, and flexible working patterns will be considered.