Linux Database Administrator
About the role
We are seeking a talented Linux Database Administrator with good Linux skills. You will drive and support our global database infrastructure with help from a technically skilled team. You will work with our engineering community and technical consultants to gather requirements, provide support to enhance the service. You will be responsible for different types of database technologies including MySQL and PostgreSQL.
What will I be accountable for?
- Work closely with our engineering community to support, maintain and set priorities for our database infrastructure
- Manage and support our MySQL and PostgreSQL infrastructure globally
- Co-ordinate with our third party technical team of DBAs
- To promote and demonstrate the ARM core beliefs and behaviours
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Experience in design and administration of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
- Experience supporting and delivering;
- Database design and administration
- Clustering and HA
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Performance tuning
- You have Linux experience and are familiar with RHEL and Debian/Ubuntu
- You are a team player and have excellent communication skills
- Experience with MongoDB and Vertica
- Experience with automation tools like Puppet, Ansible
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with shell scripting
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
- MSSQL, Oracle
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.