Senior Verification Engineer
If you have a smartphone, digital camera, digital TV, gaming console or a smart meter at home, you've already used an ARM Powered product. Over 125 ARM Powered products are shipped every second and over 35 billion ARM technology-based chips have been shipped to date making us the world's leading Intellectual Property (IP) semiconductor supplier.
This role will be based in ARM's Hungarian design centre in Budapest, often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrassy Avenue, making it one of the most visited cities in Europe.
ARM Hungary is involved in development across many areas of ARM's ever-growing product portfolio. You will be working closely with other ARM locations and will have the opportunity to work with some of the very best engineers in the industry. If the challenge of working on our cutting-edge technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
The ARM Systems and Software group enables partners to build systems using ARM IP. We develop the non-processor IP, reference platform designs and software required to build leading-edge System on Chip (SoC) designs used in intelligent devices. The Systems and Software group in Budapest is responsible for specifying, developing and validating CoreSight debug and trace units and CMSDK components. Ensuring that these components work effectively as part of ARM's IP portfolio is key to enabling our partners to produce best-in-class systems.
For this role we are looking for engineers who are capable of owning a unit within a project through all phases of the design flow. This includes:
- Creating and reviewing design and verification documentation
- Designing, implementing and verifying high performance, low power IP in Verilog RTL
- Designing and implementing verification IP and testbenches using UVM
- Plan and track design tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
- Driving the unit team to ensure the quality of the design work done along with on time delivery
- Testing and debugging Verilog RTL
- Planning and tracking tasks to meet the targets at the planned time
- Coaching and mentoring junior engineers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to make trade-offs between power, performance and area appropriately to meet the requirements of the product
- Understanding of the fundamentals of computer architecture and system on a chip designs
- Experience of block level RTL design and verification for non-trivial FPGA/ASIC developments
- Competency in hardware design and verification languages, preferably Verilog and System Verilog / UVM
- Experience of development of coverage-driven constrained random test environments
- Exposure to all stages of the design cycle: initial concept, specification, implementation and testing, documentation and support
- Experience producing specifications and documentation describing complex designs
- Some team leadership experience, including planning and managing tasks
- Genuine passion for technology, actively following emerging technologies and trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in both written and oral English
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Practical experience of working on microprocessor or complex system interconnect and peripheral designs
- Proficiency in scripting languages, e.g. Perl/TCL/Python
- Experience of verification and design for verification techniques
- Competency in C/C++ or Assembly language (preferably ARM) programming
- Knowledge of formal verification techniques and tools
- Line management experience