This position provides a fantastic opportunity to work as part of the media processing implementation team on a variety of tasks from steering multimedia IP developments to achieve class leading power, performance and area, working with EDA vendors to explore and utilise the latest in optimisation technology, to supporting customers directly to aid them in meeting their design goals.
The Media Processing Group (MPG) in ARM has as its mission to be at the forefront of advanced multimedia IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets providing a wide range of challenges and implementation learning opportunities. You will join an international team of motivated and innovative engineers working together to remain on the cutting edge of IP and SoC development techniques.
The position will require travel to collaborate with our other teams in the UK at times, and may require occasional travel to Norway and Sweden also.
Work as part of GPU product development team to analyse and optimise our GPU designs.Provide quality Power, Performance and Area (PPA) feedback to design teamsImplement and verify ASIC designs of varying size and complexity using suitable front and/or back-end design flows on cutting edge process nodes.Develop new methodologies to improve the efficiency and quality of our GPU implementations.Interact with and drive various EDA vendors to maintain and extend the class leading quality of results from our GPUsSupporting our customers to achieve the best possible quality of results from our GPU designs.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree, in electronic engineering or computer science ideally, although other science graduates will be considered if they have relevant experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of ASIC implementation challenges on cutting edge process nodes
- Experience with running Logical Synthesis and STA
- Experience in top and/or block level floor planning, Place and Route, CTS, logical and physical optimization, timing closure and power analysis flows
- Experience running Logical Equivalence Checking tools
- Good scripting skills using Tcl, Perl, Python, Makefile and Shell scripts
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- A high level of pro-activity, initiative and problem solving skills
- Able to adopt new techniques and methodologies and promote their use within the project
- Good English language skills, both written and orally
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with low power design techniques (power gating, voltage/frequency scaling, etc)
- Experience with Verilog RTL design
- Understanding and working experience in static and dynamic IR-drop analysis
- Experience of power grid design and analysisExperience of physical verification (LVS and DRC) flows
- Experience with ATPG tools/and or production testing
- Experience working and communicating with remote design centres
- Experience of working directly with customers