Director of Emerging Technology
About the role
The primary job purpose of the Director of Emerging Technology is to ensure that ARM technology meets technical specifications and is manufacturable. Working together with ARM design groups & Business Units to determine optimum technology performance that meet ARM business needs while working with partners to ensure that ARM required technologies are available, characterized & manufacturable. ARM partners & supply base is equipped with the process technology necessary to deliver ARM products with the correct quality & capability at a suitable cost.
This is a strategically important position is aimed at ensuring that ARM has access to manufactuable process technology in time to meet ARM business needs & requirements. This would be achieved working closely with ARM Research, Business Units (BUs) and partners as appropriate driving manufacturable process technology & Best In Class (BIC) performance for ARM's customers including where applicable ARM specific performance in terms device design/development & characterization.
What will I be responsible for?
- Manage & drive project execution with aggressive schedules working with internal & external team members over several time zones
- Working with ARM Research & partners determine optimum process integration strategies that enable optimum technology & manufacturing metrics: successfully execute on said strategies
- Develop & deploy a BIC project management strategy that enables ARM technology to be successfully deployed
- Responsible for coordinating technology development activities directly with ARM's partners & working closely with ARM Research. This would include industry specialists in advanced node process technology, memory, and device which would include a good mix of materials, reliability science specialists and other specialist areas.
- Working closely with ARM Research & industry partners to understand how ARM technology can be integrated in partners offerings, developing plans to realize ARM technology whilst understanding the competitive landscape
- The post holder is the recognized authority within the Physical Design Group (PDG) on key ARM technology offerings & will play a critical role during their technology development and qualification.
- Work with internal & external teams to ensure that the design and characterization of test chips verify ARM technology offerings interacting with external suppliers as appropriate to facilitate test chip design, measurement and characterization thereby producing manufacturable
- Align product roadmaps to technology offerings working closely with ARM Technical Marketing & BU's.
- Working with project team members & stakeholders determine optimum project strategy & plan that would achieve maximum return for ARM
- Own & drive program/project schedule with great attention to detail ensuring that milestones are achieved
- Own & drive technology offering development & deployment ensuring that it is robust & manufacturable
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Minimum 10 years industrial experience working fabless, wafer foundry or IDM
- Degree, Masters or Ph.D. in electronics, physics or similar subject or equivalent experience
- Extensive project & program management experience managing complex multi-site, mutli time zone teams comprised internal & external members working to aggressive schedules
- Significant, proven hands-on industry experience with in depth knowledge of 40nm & below CMOS technologies including FEOL & BEOL integration schemes including challenges & solutions
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent team skills: leader & member
- Proven track record working with & managing partners & suppliers
- Proven track record of successful technology development & transfer to manufacturing
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry trends & challenges
- Knowledge of FDSOI technology
- Advanced memory technology development: example, physical & electrical characterization integration & debug
- Knowledge of process technology design kits (PDKs) including, but not limited to, SPICE model, DRC, LVS, PEX
- Knowledge of advanced device architecture & optimization including analogue & RF performance
- Knowledge of EDA tools
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourage alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.