SaaS Platform Engineer
This role is for an engineer member for the new ARM IoT BU SaaS platform team. The position is located in ARM's Kfar-Neter design centre and will require some travel to the other BU design centres.
The ARM SaaS platform team is expected to provide a reliable platform environment running 24 by 7 allowing other product just to "Plug &Play".
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on engineer, mastering the entire application life-cycle including application architecture and application deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
The successful candidate will work in a cross-site team of excellent engineers with great passion to technology and excellent understanding of production system.
You must be a great team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can demonstrate a passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning the latest technologies.
- Platform availability of 24 by 7 with 99.9999% uptime
- Developing common-services to allow other developer to focus on product specific feature.
- Active part in all development phases, including research, design, development, testing, CI/CD using best of breed technology.
- Providing centralize solution as Log Management, Monitoring, Automation, Restore and more
- Tier-2nd 24 by 7 to Platform aspects
- System and Platform monitoring
- End User entry point portal
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering. Other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working with production SaaS/Cloud based systems.
- Passion about new technology and solutions.
- Self and fast learner with strong technical skills in operations management, including monitoring, configuration management, automation, backup and recovery of Linux, Docker based systems
- Fluent with shell and writing automation tools in Python, REST APIs chef, and etc.
- AWS EC2 and S3, and experience with the AWS command line tool.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - excellent written and spoken English.
- 24x7 - Past experience in delivering a production environment
- On-call duty requirements
- Travel ~20% of the time
- Implementation experience with Jenkins for CI/CD.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Ability to create quick win's without missing the global picture
- Automation background (Rest-API, Ruby, Chef and more)
- Familiarity with cloud authentication and backup solutions.
- Knowledge & Experience in Virtualization, KVM, Configuration, Automation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Kubernetes, Linux, Bash.