Business Development Manager, Professional Services
Business Development Manager
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Business Development Manager with a strong understanding of ASIC design flows and Software Development projects. If you have experience in this industry then this role could be for you?
Our Partner Enablement Group (PEG) has the charter to ensure success for our customers by providing timely, leading-edge knowledge through innovative services.
We are currently looking for an experienced business development manager to develop a new range of professional services covering both ASIC design and software development. This role includes understanding the market requirements, developing new services and business models, identifying, tracking and reporting on sales opportunities, and promotion of services both directly to customers and through ARM's sales team.
- Obtain a strong understanding of market requirements across multiple segments and points in the value chain.
- Identify new services opportunities with partners and turn them into increased business.
- Develop and evolve pricing strategies and business models to maximise revenue and growth, working closely with sales, licensing and legal teams.
- Lead discussions with customers and ARM engineering to develop and agree on project specifications, scope and pricing.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Monitoring and reporting on the sales pipeline, communicating with the sales team to understand and manage opportunities.
- Work with the Marketing Communications team to co-ordinate product launches, presence at trade shows, and other promotional activities.
- Working with product managers across ARM to align roadmaps and messaging.
- Present to and consult with PEG management on business trends with a view to enhancing current/developing new services, products, and channels.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferable.
- Proven track record in business development for professional services.
- Solid technical background with understanding of ASIC design flows and software development projects.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively across different media and different countries.
- Very strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize own workload and plan tasks.
- Proactive team player with excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Able to travel to customer sites, internal meetings and trade shows in all regions.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Partner and customer focus - Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Collaboration and communication - Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Creativity and innovation - Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Team and personal development - You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Impact and influence - You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Deliver on your promises - You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you're passionate about what you do.