This job is no longer available
I am currently recruiting for a business who are dedicated to developing innovative technologies to provide open communications.
The position is paying up to £55,000 and offers an excellent range of benefits. Interviews can happen ASAP.
They have a new R&D Centre of excellence based in the Bristol area and are looking to expand their team currently.
Brief summary of duties:
- Development of Voice and Video over IP communications software
- Test and debugging of companies software solutions
- Status reporting to line manager
- Design documentation
Areas of Responsibility:
- Further design and development of all their software solutions
- Further design and develop the SIP stack
- Good engineering or science degree
- 5 years experience of object orientated programming in C++
- 5 years experience developing software for large scale telecommunications
- Experience of designing and developing SIP protocol stacks
- Experience with embedded programming
- 5 years experience with programming for multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mobile OSes such as Android and/or iOS, embedded OSes such as VxWorks, PSOS, etc)
- Multi-threaded parallel processing techniques (threads, processes, mutexes, semaphores)
- Strong ability to solve and troubleshoot code
- Research and learn new technologies and acquire new skills through independent study
- Familiar with using source control (subversion specifically).
- Maintains a positive working relationship with other departments, and within the IT group.
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Team player
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Agile software development (such as Scrum and Kanban)
- Carrier grade software delivery
- The Asterisk open source PBX (or similar)
- PJSIP open source SIP stack modification (or similar)
- Application development (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS)
- Web development (HTML5, CSS, Php)
This is a superb role in a growing company - To be considered please forward over your CV or call 0117 910 3333, interview slots are currently booked for next week and the week after so please do not delay.