Senior Software Test Engineer - wireless chips
This job has now expired
Skilled Senior Software Test Engineer now required in Cambridge to test and debug software for a range of wireless chips. The successful candidate will be expected to take ownership of the testing of a major part of a project and take responsibility for the creation of project plans and delivery of software test results. You will also be expected to mentor junior members of the team.
· Test software of major scale and complexity to agreed timescales
· Write software test scripts
· Contribute to the development of internal test system
· Investigate software defects and suggest root cause to development engineers.
Applicants will have:
· Degree (or equivalent qualification) in maths/science/software/electronics
· Excellent proven experience of at least one scripting language preferably Perl or TCL
· Proven experience with embedded software
· Excellent proven understanding of software test methodologies
· Proven experience of testing/development of commercial software
· Good understanding of software debug techniques.
· Some experience of software development
· Experience of wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth or WiFi
· Networking knowledge
Send your CV to Kathy Campling at IC Software.
Key words: Senior Test Engineer, test and debug software for wireless chips. Skills: full lifecycle test ability, embedded, software, C, Perl, TCL, Cambridge, East Anglia, England
IC Software - your first contact for Embedded, DSP & Software jobs.