Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer - DC-DC / AC-DC
This job has now expired
Based in the North West, this global leader in defence and aerospace market seeks a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer to join a dynamic team of Engineers. The successful candidate will take full responsibility for the design and development of innovative projects involving Power Electronics / SMPS technology and provide excellent engineering solutions to both internal and external parties whilst playing a vital role in emerging technologies.
The candidate will further be responsible for:
- Design and development of AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC converters / power supplies
- Concept development and requirements capture
- Analogue and digital circuit simulation
- Preparing technical documentation
- Test strategies and procedures and;
- Involvement in the development lifecycle from cradle to grave.
The successful should be educated to a good Degree in Electronics / Electrical (or similar) and be eligible for Security Clearance (SC). In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Previous exposure working in an Engineering discipline (Power Electronics / SMPS / Analog Hardware related)
- A strong knowledge of Single and Three Phase power and at least two of the following (AC-DC, DC-DC, AC-AC, DC-AC, 3 phase Motor Control) all at power levels between 100w and 10kW.
- E-Cad exposure
- Schematic Design and more
Though not essential, previous experience / knowledge in the following will be a distinct advantage:
- PCB Layout
- EMC / EMI
- Defence / Military and Aerospace standards
- Analog Design (Filters, Op-amps and measurements)
- Quality Engineering etc
In return, your career with this company will see you go far and in time the opportunity to become a Principal Design Engineer / Team Leader. This is an opportunity to join a well-established high profile company with a reputable brand in the industry. A leader in the defence and aerospace market, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and be remunerated well. All candidates wishing to be considered must either hold Security Clearance (SC) or be eligible for this.
Please send your updated resume or contact me for more info.
Key words: AC-DC, DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC, SMPS, Power Electronics, EMC, EMI, Filters, Op-amps, Three Phase, 3 Phase, Single Phase, Motor Control, E-Cad, PCB, Schematic, North West UK, North UK
IC 3e - your first contact for electronics and engineering jobs.