This job is no longer available
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 (negotiable)
We are seeking an experienced SMPS Design Engineer. The company supplies a range of 1U high density power converters and is keen to expand this range. It also supplies a range of other products which complement the power supply range such as distribution panels and control/alarm units.
The successful SMPS design engineer will be given the opportunity to start and run the design of power supplies with the input from other members of the team.
This role will include:
* Circuit design,
* Schimatic CAD,
* AC to DC, DC to DC Design, Low Voltage (< 100V), Power range typically 10W to 3kW,
* PWM conversion, resonant conversion, power factor correction, synchronous rectification,
* Control loop design,
* Magnetics design, conventional and planar,
* EMC Filter Design,
* Digital circuit design, particularly implementation as part of the power conversion design,
* Design Verification Testing,
* Familiarity with Spice simulation and PCB layout software
* Knowledge and familiarity with Safety, EMC and Environmental (RoHS) standards,
* Design, write and document software to support the function of new and existing products,
The successful candidate will need to meet the following criteria:
* Electronics degree preferred or HND. Relevant experience will be considered.
* Record of product conception through to prototype and full production.
* Experience in analogue but with a knowledge of digital.
* 5-10+ years experience in SMPS design.
* The ability to draw schematics and design PCBs using Altium Designer
* Able to use Mathcad
* Programming in C or Java preferably C.
This is an excellent opportunity for a hands on engineer to take the lead on SMPS design for various power solutions. Based in West Sussex this candidate will work for a fantastic company and gain excellent experience. If you would like to apply to this position please contact Shane Connolly on 0203 151 1265 or simply send me your cv
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.