This job is no longer available
We are looking for real time embedded software engineers to join our team in Cambridge. The role will involve developing software for wireless communications equipment, working within a team on full lifecycle development from requirements analysis through to test and trials support, providing support for sales activities, including client meetings and contribution to written proposals, and as required, working closely with clients to provide support and technical consultancy.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualifications and Experience:
- Good degree (minimum 2:1) in a relevant area
- Self motivated and target driven, high productivity and a can-do approach
- Strong technical competence in developing software for high-performance embedded systems
- C/ C++ essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical insight – ability to quickly gain an understanding of the system context.
Additionally, the following skills would be valuable:
- The ability to innovate and think freely, strategically and pragmatically
- Experience of software development for defence equipment
- Familiarity with commercial wireless communication standards
- Professional approach to developing high quality software; attention to detail
- Familiarity with UML2.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE
PA’s Technology Practice is growing rapidly. We offer technology development and technology consulting services across a broad range of sectors. In our Technology Centre in Cambridge, we develop award-winning products, automation and manufacturing processes, and help clients understand and use technology more effectively.
We have been delivering world-class innovations for our clients for over 50 years: from award-winning micrometers to the original brushless servo motor; and from 'next generation' 4G wireless test equipment to a world first in medical injectors.
ABOUT PA CONSULTING GROUP
PA attracts people of a high calibre because we have created an exciting and rewarding environment for talented people, particularly through our compensation and ownership philosophy. We focus on creating a motivated, passionate group of people. To achieve this we provide the opportunities, support and training for you to develop yourself to your fullest capabilities. We have a strong employee focus rewarding our consultants with competitive pay packages, performance related bonus, travel allowance, healthcare and a generous pension scheme.
We recognise that diversity is strength and that the differences between people add value to our organisation. PA Consulting Group is committed to equality and diversity and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or age.
To apply please click on apply now button.