EDA / CAD Engineer
Our client is looking for an EDA Engineer to join their CAD team. They are looking to expand the team with an enthusiastic candidate who is keen to innovate around and improve their existing systems. The successful candidate will have access to a varied role covering computing infrastructure, software development, tool customisation and data management as well as providing front line assistance to engineers. You will work in a small team based in our Edinburgh office with senior colleagues providing coaching and mentoring.
A background in EDA support or IC Design with a proven interest in tooling is essential. The successful candidate could come from a variety of engineering / technical backgrounds where they have been able to demonstrate their ability to identify deficiencies in processes and how these could be improved, taking it through to successfully completed projects.
- Cadence Virtuoso environment configuration and optimization
- SKILL language programming
- Programming / scripting skills in language such as C / Ruby / Perl / Python or similar
- Fluent in a command line computing environment (preferably RedHat Linux)
- Understanding of computing networks and effects on productivity
- Personable - happy with some 1st line support to engineering teams
- Familiar with Engineering (IC / PCB / CAD / CAM) Design Tools / Flows & integrating disparate toolchains
Desirable skills include:
- Data Management & Version Control
- Understanding of SQL and databases
- Understanding of IC Design techniques (analogue / digital)
- Cadence virtuoso IC6.1 experience
We can only consider applicants who are members of the EEA/EU OR who hold a valid work permit for the UK.