Chief Engineer - Power and Control
This job has now expired
Based in the North West, this global leader in defence and aerospace market seeks a Chief Power Electronics Engineer to join a dynamic team of Engineers. As the Chief Engineer, you will manage a medium sized team of multi-disciplined engineers and be the Design authority for the business unit's innovative and leading aerospace and defence Power and Control products.
You will further be responsible for:
- Full design life cycle of products and the business unit
- Working closely with relevant leaders in the HW / SW and Mechanical departments to provide technical oversight
- Translate customer needs into robust and reliable power products that balance performance against market driven cost and schedule constraints
- Assess and verify route to production for new product designs
- Roadmap future products and technologies that will satisfy target market need and enable further growth
- De-risk technology and develop products through concept feasibility studies
- Deliver order-winning bids and support negotiations and;
- Liaise with customers and suppliers at all levels.
You will be Degree educated in Electronic Engineering or equivalent, be eligible for Security Clearance (SC) or currently have this, have had a minimum of 10 years demonstrable track record in Engineering business, have previous experience in designing and developing power/control products and have experience in managing a team of engineering professionals with a range of disciplines (systems, hardware, software and mechanical).
You will have a strong track record of:
- Analogue / Digital Design
- Single / Three Phase power (DC/AC, AC/DC, AC/AC, DC/AC power conversion) understanding
- Motor Control Inverters (between 100w to 10kW
Desirable but not essential, any skills in, EMC, E-cad, PCB layout, VHDL and Quality Engineering, would be seen as an advantage.
On offer is an excellent base salary + benefits and relocation assistance. Working with a leading Defence company, to be considered, you will need to be eligible for Security Clearance (SC). If you meet the aforementioned criterion, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: North UK, North West UK, Northern UK, United Kingdom, Defence, Military, Automotive, Aerospace, AC-DC, DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC, SMPS, Power Electronics, EMC, EMI, Filters, Op-amps, Three Phase, 3 Phase, Single Phase, Motor Control, E-Cad, PCB, Schematic, PCB Layout, Manager, Electronics Engineering Manager, Electronics Design Manager.
IC 3e - your first contact for electronics and engineering jobs.