This job is no longer available
The client I am representing is an industry leading technology company and due to a sustained period of growth, are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to apply engineering skills in mechanical design engineering or the development of fuel cell stacks and systems.
The responsibilities of the role are;
Implement engineering skills in the mechanical and thermo-fluid design aspects of fuel cell stacks, systems and components.
Use a high degree of innovation and technical judgement to interpret programme manager requirements and devise appropriate solutions for novel and complex problems.
Understand resource requirements, risk and technical quality to ensure delivery of effective solutions to problems.
Operate change management during engineering drawing updates, to ensure that configuration control is maintained, and best practice/lessons learned are shared effectively amongst peers.
Apply safe design of products and systems, with particular interest in hydrogen safety, pressure and machine safety.
Understand any standard tests and acceptance criteria for stacks, systems and key components relevant to the design, to ensure effective programme / customer delivery.
The requirements for the role are;
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Design Engineering OR relevant industrial experience.
- 3D CAD software use and proficient drafting of engineering drawings
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering and design of systems
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for prototyping and concept development
- Application of standards, codes and regulations to design
- Application of appropriate calculation methods for mechanical design
- Experience of Solidworks would be advantageous however is not essential.
To apply for the role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV in response to this advert or for more information, call Ian Moore on 0161 905 7916.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Principal Account Manager
View our latest jobs today at www.jamrecruitment.co.uk and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.