CPU Product Specialist
This role will be based at ARM’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, home to one of the world’s most renowned and oldest Universities. The city is a key driver of global innovation and regularly features as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK.
As ARM’s largest engineering centre, the Cambridge site is fortunate enough to be involved in development across all areas of ARM’s ever-growing product portfolio. As a Cambridge-based ARM employee, you will be surrounded by world-leading experts and will have the opportunity to work with some of the very best engineers in the industry. If the challenge of working on our cutting-edge technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application!
A CPU Product Specialist is needed to join ARM’s growing embedded processor marketing team, responsible for technical marketing of existing processors and new product definition. The Product Specialist will support CPU marketing throughout the product lifecycle with activities such as product requirements capture and specification, analysis of application use cases and systems, competitive industry analysis, creation of detailed technical marketing collateral covering both hardware and software, and support of sales opportunities.
The Product Specialist will undertake hands-on technical tasks such as running and analysing benchmark code on ARM processor platforms, estimating processor performance and power characteristics, providing the focus for technical feedback from customers and assisting with sales and FAE product training and support. They will also work with other ARM divisions, segment marketing specialists and third-parties to ensure the availability of SoC components, software tools and platforms to provide a complete system solution and ecosystem.
This role provides an opportunity to interact directly with the leading semiconductor manufacturers and some of the largest consumer electronics companies worldwide. The role will require frequent travel overseas.
- Development of technical collateral including presentations, white papers, benchmarks for product or products and their applicability to ARM’s customer applications.
- Supporting ARM partners (customers) in conjunction with Account Managers (sales) to secure licensing commitments and key design wins.
- Supporting OEMs in key industry sectors in their selection and application of ARM processors to generate business throughout the wider ARM partnership.
- Development of strategies in conjunction with Segment Marketing to explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements.
- Support for the sales and application engineering teams as the product expert as well as by providing suitable product training to sell effectively.
- Collaboration with other ARM divisions and third-parties to ensure a complete ecosystem around the product.
Education & Qualifications
University degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Detailed knowledge of microprocessors and the chip market
- Understanding of implementation and process technology
- Broad experience in a technical sales or marketing role
- Strong engineering background
- Willingness to travel to meet with customers and colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience writing technical articles, papers for publication
- Experience of embedded systems development in one or more of the following areas: software coding (C or C++), debugging, testing
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of customer interaction of a technical nature – ideally in a field applications or technical support role - as well as development work
- Experience of one or more relevant application segment such as microcontroller design and applications, ISM wireless devices, mixed-signal devices, automotive electronics, industrial control or smartcards and security
- Professional experience of SoC design
- Knowledge of RISC CPU architectures
- Knowledge of EDA flows for implementation, system and software development
- Capable of working as a team player or independently
- High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
- Good communicator and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
- Competitive salary
- Shares (Restricted Share Units) at the discretion of ARM Holdings plc
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension
- Annual bonus scheme