This job is no longer available
The client I am representing is currently looking for Hardware Engineers with Aerospace / Defence experience to work on the development of safety critical electronic products, initially for Aerospace but with the clear potential to work on future Armoured Fighting Vehicle products across a diverse technology portfolio.
The responsibilities of the role are;
* Design of circuits including EMC signal filtering, DC-DC converters, motor drive, analogue/digital interface electronics.
* Provide design guidance to manage EMC, including filtering of input/output interfaces to meet Military and Avionic standards for conducted emissions.
* Generation of EMC control plans and support EMC testing across projects.
* Design for thermal effects including sizing and calculation of heat sink requirements.
* Working with systems, software and mechanical engineers to ensure successful overall product design.
* Design to meet safety requirements and design standards including architectures to provide redundancy, avoidance of common failure modes, failure detection and functional reliability.
The requirements for the role are;
*Aerospace / Defence Experience,
*Expertise in EMC issues including familiarity with some or all defence and avionic standards,
*Expertise in schematic capture and design to meet constrained space envelope,
*Experience with safety critical electronic systems,
*Proven ability to design and qualify electronic products to meet challenging industry standard EMC requirements,
*Experience interfacing with microcontroller, microprocessor, CPLD or FPGA devices advantageous but not essential.
*Candidates should be looking for the opportunity to develop to Principal Engineer and more
senior level roles.
To apply for the role, please submit an up to date copy of your CV in response to this advert or for more information call Liam Fairey on 0161 905 7916.
JAM Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
View our latest jobs today at www.jamrecruitment.co.uk and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment agency with regards to this position.