This job is no longer available
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
The purpose of this role is to work for the electronics group within the Research Design and Development department, designing innovative products for high volume markets. The role is to develop the electronics hardware, for new products and research technologies. The designs from this group support all Dyson electronic developments. The role will require a highly motivated, creative, methodical and flexible person ready to take on challenges with a pragmatic approach.
This is what we need you to do...
• Product and module requirements capture
• Design system solutions
• Circuit design and analysis
• Design evaluation and validation test
• Creation of technical documentation
• Research new technologies for new & existing products
This is what we need you to have...
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
At least 2+ years relevant experience required. All levels of qualifications will be considered. The following areas of experience of interest but none are absolute requirements:
• Triacs; IGBTs; FETs
• Power supplies design
• Motor control (AC, DC, Brushless)
• Mains voltage referenced design experience
• Sensors and Sensor interfacing
• Amplifiers, Filters
Embedded microcontroller based platforms:
• Understanding of 8-bit microcontroller architecture
• Knowledge of interfacing
• Design analysis – Simulation
• Circuit electrical and thermal performance calculations
High volume market:
• Low cost design
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Attention to detail
• Focus on delivery to timescales
• Solutions orientated
• Able to work as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.