Project Controls Manager - Nuclear - Reading
Accountable to the Head of Project Control Integration for the implementation of Project Controls policies and standards to work on a nuclear site in Reading where you will be delivering the complete planning capability on site.
Accountabilities:To support the project manager by managing the following functions
- Cost Control
- Document Control
- Change Control
Safe, Secure & Clean
- The safety of all staff for whom responsible.
- Visible commitment to safety improvement programmes and follows up accidents and injuries.
- Create and maintain a culture of zero accidents or incidents relating to occupational and personal safety, security, health issues, and environmental matters.
- Communicating to employees and contractors the importance of meeting customer, statutory, regulatory and internal requirements
- Manage the Projects estimating requirements by utilising resources from the estimating core team; liaise with head of estimating assuring estimating plans are developed with agreed date and deliverables.
- Ensure the project controls team supports the estimating function.
- To manage the projects cost engineering discipline to comply with project controls procedures, processes and systems to ensure that quality and consistency of data is maintained. To contribute to improving the quality and performance of cost control processes and systems.
- To assist in the preparation of change control reports, identifying critical areas, and providing trend analysis and early warnings to the Project Services Function.
- To assist in the preparation of ongoing project reviews and providing advice on corrective actions..
- Manage budgets are controlled within authorised funding limits and in accordance with financial procedures. Monitor trends monthly, provide analysis to the Project Team and invoke the project change control procedure invoked where required.
- Manage the department of project schedules in accordance with the project work breakdown structure; ensure that project schedules are developed to support Three Point Estimating and Earned Value Management.
- Assuring that project plans are regularly updated and within levels of certainty to allow effective monitoring, forecasting and control.
- Ensure the project has an appropriate risk register and mitigation plan.
- Liaise with the Risk Manager to gain department support to facilitate monthly risk workshops.
- Ensure that projects are closing out risks and introducing new risks as appropriate.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com