This job is no longer available
Future Technology Devices International (FTDI) is looking to hire several IC Design and verification Engineers to Future Technology Devices International (FTDI) is looking to hire two Electronics Engineers to develop and support IC production test.
Job Title : Production Test Development Engineer
Salary : Negotiable, depending on experience
Position : Permanent
Location : Glasgow, Scotland
FTDI requires 2 Electronics Engineers to develop and support production test of ICs. The successful candidates will join a growing Global design team, taking IC designs from concept and specification through design, synthesis and conversion to foundry specific standard cell libraries. You will be liaising with the IC design engineers in preparation for mass production assembly and test. You will need VHDL RTL knowledge and high level software experience to modify the existing test approach for new products as well as help to support existing ones. Overseas travel will be required to assist in the installation and debug of test equipment at test and assembly houses.
• Perform design and implementation of IC test on existing in-house test equipment
• Development / Simulation of logic blocks in VHDL or Verilog
• Logic Synthesis into FPGA
• To interface with IC Design Engineers during IC design phase.
• Develop test patterns using test benches and EDA simulation tools
• Develop IC test plans and strategy
• Develop IC test - manual/auto handler load boards and probe cards based on existing strategy
• Feedback and support IC designer for any test or yield issues
• Responsible for test yield and conduct statistical analysis related to test/production quality.
• Travel to test and assembly house to install and support test equipment
Skills / Attributes Required
• Degree/Masters in Electrical/Electronic engineering discipline or equivalent.
• 2 years or more experience in the Electronics design/manufacturing area
• High level application programming in C++ or Pascal
• Experience in Verilog/VHDL RTL design simulation
• Must be fluent in written / spoken English
• Excellent hands-on debug and analysis skills
• Knowledge of MCU, USB, WIFI, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC, GPS, UART, SPI, I2C design and architecture would be a plus
• Occasional overseas travel is required
Applicants should apply in person by email using the link provided and include a CV and cover letter in Word or pdf format. Only open to candidates eligible to work in the UK without any work permit restrictions. No agency applications please.
Future Technology Devices International (FTDI) specialise in the design and supply of silicon and software solutions for the Universal Serial Bus (USB). FTDI offer a simple route to USB migration by combining easy to implement IC devices with proven, ready to use, royalty-free USB firmware and driver software.
FTDI is a fabless semiconductor company headquartered in Glasgow, UK, and has regional offices in Oregon, USA, and Taipei, Shanghai China and Singapore. More information is available at http://www.ftdichip.com
Contact Details –
Future Technology Devices International Ltd.
Email : Please click the 'Apply now' button to email your CV
Web URL : http://www.ftdichip.com