This job is no longer available
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer for one of the UKs most vibrant and growing businesses in the Aerospace industry. They are seeking to attract high calibre individuals who are looking for a rewarding place to work both in terms of the impact you can have on the business and in terms of its total reward package.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must hold current valid SC level security vetting (essential)
This is a senior position within the Quality Department and key to the attainment of Design Organisation Approval and certification of the Quality Management System to AS9100 C. Prime duty will be to support the Quality Manager and coordinate the Internal Audit/Compliance activity as well as the Quality Control functions.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working closely with customers to ensure that any concerns are resolved.
- Conducting internal audits to maintain compliance with customer, company and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions.
- Coordination of focused Project improvements to reduce the cost of poor quality.
- Driving continuous improvement across the site.
- Preparation of KPIs and 4 Blockers for transmission to the senior Management Team.
- Coordination of calibration activities.
- Coordination of the Quality Control activities.
- Management of Quality records.
Senior Quality Engineer Experience:
- Product/Project Quality Engineering
- Familiar with Mechanical, Electrical and Communication systems in an Aerospace environment,
- Leading Quality Engineering activities
- Lead Auditor
- Strong problem solving skills using the Quality Toolbox 8D, 5Y, Root Cause & Corrective Action, etc.
- AS9100 Revision C and DOA Design Assurance Systems
- EASA Part 21 sub parts J and G
- Internal Auditing
- Familiar with Supplier Quality Management techniques, and
Management of Quality records