This job is no longer available
Sales Engineer, Cambridgeshire
We are searching for a Sales Engineer to join our client's sales team in Cambridge. As part of the team, you will use both your technical and interpersonal skills to help customers understand how the product line can address their needs. This position as a Sales Engineer calls for a unique combination of engineering, business, sales and communication skills. Our client sells tomany of the top engineering and scientific teams throughout UK and Ireland. These range from start-ups to FTSE 100 companies to national labs to academic research teams and their activities cover a wide span of engineering and scientific disciplines. The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand complex interdisciplinary technical issues and then, just as quickly, articulate a concise business case for how our client's products can help the potential customer.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
* Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences
* Excellent time-management skills - balancing multiple demands from many prospects
* Positive and outgoing personality
* Business acumen
* Excellent communications skills, in person, on the phone and in writing
* Strong public speaking skills
* Experience with computer modelling, FEA analysis or computational physics an advantage.
* Previous technical sales experience is preferable, but not required
* Eligibility to work in the UK
* Able to travel for 10-20% of the time