This job is no longer available
A talented Test Technician/Engineer with experience of testing electronic products and a good understanding of the basic electronic/electrical principles (such Ohms Law and Circuit Diagrams) is required to join a successful company developing technologies for the space and satellite industry.
Though an experienced candidate is ideal, we will consider a talented individual with an excellent understanding of the basic electronic/electrical principles with a desire to develop.
As Test Engineer/Technician you will provide technical competency in the environmental testing of hardware using internal and external test facilities.
As the Test Technician/Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Test work packages as part of the project team
- In particular knowledge of the following would be extremely beneficial:
- Electrical verification
- Bonding and Isolation testing
- Thermal Vacuum testing
- Magnetic Moment and Vibration testing
- Document writing and review
- Providing engineering support to other related disciplines such as Product design, Quality assurance and Manufacturing.
- Supporting the Maintenance of internal Test facilities and associated test equipment
To be considered for the role of Test Technician/Engineer you need the following:
- Degree/HNC/HND/BTEC/City & Guilds/Foundation Degree/Apprentice trained or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Ability to work well under pressure to demanding timescales.
- Quality conscious with experience of working within highly regulated industry industries e.g. Nuclear, Automotive, Aerospace/Defence or Medical industry
- Able to work with Mechanical and/or electrical engineering drawings
- Able to work with testing equipment e.g. Oscilloscope, DVM
- Self starter and motivated, ability to multi task