This job is no longer available
Project Manager, Essex
We are searching for a Project Manager to control and co-ordinate a range of design and development projects in the UK and India.
The role encompasses most aspects of the development cycle, including:
* Creating and maintaining the project development plans.
* Liaison with the Sales and Marketing, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Test teams from design through to production stages.
* Co-ordinating project development activities in collaboration with the Hardware and Software Development managers, to ensure the products meet specifications.
* Tracking and progress-chasing the project developments to maintain timelines.
* Improving our development processes.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
* Degree in Engineering or equivalent
* A proven background in microprocessor-based electronic product development, preferably in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Demonstrable project and people management skills.
* Knowledge of at least some of the following:
? 32/64 bit microprocessors, preferably Intel 80x86 architecture.
? Complex programmable logic devices or FPGAs.
? The requirements of product manufacture and test.
? High performance interfaces, e.g. PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet.
? Windows, Linux or real-time operating systems.
? Project planning and tracking techniques.