This job is no longer available
Systems Architect, East Anglia
We are searching for the following profile:
* An excellent and relevant academic background
* Substantial experience in a commercial and/or military environment including development experience of one or more large scale wireless systems from specification, modelling and simulation through to integration, delivery and support.
* Confident, self motivated, able to take the initiative in client discussions, be an effective team player and have efficient time management skills to enable you to work well on your own.
* You will have all of the following skills:
o Able to formulate requirements from imprecise definitions of the problem and write clear and accurate documentation
o Able to design and mathematically analyse bespoke communication systems both independently and using tools such as Matlab
o Able to design the architecture of a wireless system from a blank sheet of paper
o Able to generate air interface and other communications protocol specifications
o Knowledge of current air interface standards used for wireless communications including some or all of: WCDMA, LTE, GSM, WiMAX, WiFi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, GPS
o Be comfortable with working at all levels of a system from architecture design through to practical hands-on working in the lab or field
o Possess effective communication skills and have the gravitas to talk at board level
o Excellent English language skills
* The following skills would also be an advantage:
o Experience of software implementation e.g. C, C++, C#
o Able to implement ad hoc investigation software tools using e.g. Python, PERL
o Able to use structured methodologies such as UML.
o Fluency in a foreign language