This job is no longer available
Summary: If you enjoy varied and challenging projects where each day is rarely the same, then this role could give you the environment you need. If you have an attention to detail that drives some people mad, a wide ranging experience in testing embedded systems, and the scripting skills and imagination to be able to create test systems that aren't just run of the mill, then you could be a part of some exciting cutting edge engineering developments. Do you have an approachable manner, and excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with the development team? In the Wireless Test Group it's not just about the technical degree or testing qualifications that you hold, it's about you.
You will be responsible for defining, creating and maintaining bespoke automated test harnesses using Python or another suitable scripting language, and developing the specific tests for that project. The role will also involve manual testing and documenting and reporting the results to the Test Lead and Project Manager. You will provide the vital links between the Requirements Specification, the Test Specification and the finished product.
• Good degree in a relevant technical discipline
• Experience of Python or other scripting language
• Experience in test automation techniques and test harness creation
• Relevant experience of testing embedded systems
• Excellent communication skills and self starter
• Ability to multitask with excellent attention to detail
• Experience of SVN or other source control systems
• Experience of using a bug tracking databases
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
• ISEB Foundation
• Experience of generating tests plans from requirement specifications or use cases
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems
• Familiarity with prototype / evaluation hardware platforms
• Knowledge of web based application testing and development
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.