Software Engineer - Embedded Software Developers – Semiconductors - UK - RR5205
This job has now expired
Our client is a leading ASIC developer who, due to increased customer demand, are looking to grow their Software design team. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team, which offers individuals the ability to work independently but in a supportive team environment, developing a range of cutting edge ASIC devices, this company / opportunity will be of interest for you
YOU MUST HAVE/BE THE FOLLOWING
Technical Skills – Mandatory:
• Significant relevant full life cycle software development experience in C or C++, very good experience in embedded software.
• Deep understanding of H.264 and MPEG2 video encode/decode
• Proven history of multi processor embedded code development.
• An appreciation of hardware. Detailed (designer) hardware knowledge is not required, but the applicant will need to program low-level code.
• Excellent high level design, coding and troubleshooting skills.
• A history of developing software products to high quality on time.
• A solid understanding of software development approaches and knowledge of how and when to apply them successfully.
Technical Skills – Desirable:
• Familiar with code development under Linux and the gnu software development tools.
• Familiar with code development under Windows and Visual Studio software development tools.
• Proficient with SVN or other source control tools.
• Ability to understand and maintain make files.
• Good appreciation of parallel, DSP or VLSI computer architectures.
• Enthusiastic, proactive, imaginative & self-motivated.
• Team player, with effective organisational skills and the ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills are required for the role.
• Develop embedded processor libraries for hardware modules, in C.
• Develop compiler run-time support libraries, in assembler.
• Enhance the suite of proprietary software development tools.
• Develop test frameworks and test suites.
• Develop H.264 and MPEG-2 codec software.
If you are interested in the above position, please send email@example.com a copy of your up-to-date CV in Word format and in ENGLISH only.