This job is no longer available
Are you an Electronics Design Engineer who is tired of being pigeon-holed in one narrow technical area of expertise? Then this is the job for you! It is a role that will give you the opportunity to get involved with 'blank sheet' Digital & Analog Circuit Design, Microcontrollers, Embedded C, VHDL, Windows/Linux Programming, PCB Layout/Design, AutoCAD/Hardware Design, Communication Protocols & EMC testing, from new product requirement through to final production.
This role will give you the opportunity to work in a small and friendly engineering team, bringing some very interesting new products to market within the next 12 - 18 months. You will be part of this exciting time and will be actively involved in the full product lifecycle.
Electronics Design Engineer Responsibilities:
The Electronics Design Engineer will have:
- Electronics hardware design, schematic capture, PCB layout (Easy PC or similar)
- EMC test and debugging experience.
- Embedded C experience with AVR, AVR32, and PIC microcontrollers, or similar
- Experience of communications systems (ZigBEE, Bluetooth, TCP/IP, RS485, RS232, USB)
- Very low power and (ideally) solar powered design and development
- Some experience of VHDL would be an advantage
- AutoCAD experience, 2D assembly drawings
- Windows / Linux programming (C#, C and/or Perl) for test applications.