This job is no longer available
I am currently resourcing for a Senior Electronics Design Engineer to work in the exciting area of laser and microwave navigation sensors. You will join the R+D group and will be tasked with a 'hands on' role developing future products through the complete lifecycle.
Ideally you will educated to a degree level and have 5+ years in the design and implementation of digital hardware. A solid experience and understanding of system engineering and integration preferably in the design of electro-mechanical motorized products would be beneficial.
You will have a high level of responsibility from a very early stage to help define the architecture of new sensors and products including for complete PCB design, layout and de-bugging and you must be able to write robust code for any hardware you design and test.
The key skills for this role are;
- 16 and/or 32bit microcontroller hardware design
- Excellent programming skills for embedded microcontrollers
- FPGA design using VHDL and/or Verilog
- PCB design and layout skills
- Good understanding of EMC issues in PCB and equipment design
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Able to produce good quality design-related documentation such as specifications, manuals, assembly instructions, costing's and test procedures.
- Any of these additional skills which would also be of benefit but are not essential:
- Analogue circuit design for devices working in the 100MHz or above region
- Windows software writing capabilities
- Specific use of Altium CAD design tools
- Experienced use of Matlab
The role is permanent and based close to the M1 and M69 motorway networks in the North of England. Offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits this is a very good opportunity for anyone with a passion for electronic design.
Please send me your latest CV if you are interested in this position.