This job is no longer available
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to invent, design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
To join a team developing mobile applications to interact with current and future mass market products. As part of the product development team the developer will need to establish application requirements. This will lead to the creation of new application architectures which, in turn, will then initiate the creation, testing and deployment of the design onto multiple platforms. The developer will need to work closely with a highly talented graphics and web team to ensure to creation of high quality, easy to use software which is well aligned with the existing company image. They will also have to interact with the product development teams to ensure the interactions with product are achieved in an efficient, robust and reliable manner.
This is what we need you to do...
• Application requirements capture
• System architecture design
• Application development and testing
• Application deployment and management post release
• Assist and advise on back end business service interactions
This is what we need you to have...
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ yrs work experience in application development
Technical: Experience of some or all of the following areas
• Solid understanding of object oriented programming
• Expert-level multi-device application development experience
• Deep working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Extensive knowledge of iOS and Android SDKs
• Objective-C, C, C++
• Working knowledge of current development methodologies, patterns and best practices
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com