This job is no longer available
Our client's heritage spans 3 decades, today they are embarking upon their next development phaze and we are immediately looking for a senior Design and Development Manager to take charge, and embrace the following remit:- An electronic engineering R&D remit is required.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the Development Manager will have responsibility for the following:
· Assisting in the selection and setup of the new offices.
· Building the new team.
· Planning, co-ordination and control of the design and development activities of the new team.
· Liaising with our other Engineering teams for PCB layout functions.
· Acting as liaison for production issues including the instigation of any remedial and corrective Engineering actions.
· Accommodating customer technical support enquiries passed to the Engineering team from our Technical Support engineers.
· Ensuring compliance with our ISO 9001 procedures and, where necessary, improving them.
· Reviewing and approval of technical reference manuals and product datasheets.
· Preparing proposals in response to general or customer-specific product requests.
· Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
· Personnel management including performance appraisals.
We work in a small company environment which means that the majority of each design is completed by an individual engineer, who quickly becomes involved with all aspects of the product design and development. Short design timescales are a key part of our development strategy, which also results in our engineers being involved in many different product designs quite quickly. Likewise we aim to be very responsive to customer issues, whether these are product problems or simply requests for detailed information.