This job is no longer available
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
To provide electrical design capability to engineering activities/projects assigned to the Engineering Centre Heavy UK (ECH-UK).
- Support Current and New product design and development projects as required.
- Prepare new wiring schematic, installation and part designs using 3D CAD tools. Prepare and issue 2D drawings from 3D models according to required design standard.
- Understand the purpose, usage and worth of ECH-UK processes and document formats (NPPD, FMEA, FTA, Concept Sheets, internal design standards, industry design standards). Deploy these tools effectively in order to clearly conclude Engineering activities and objectives.
- Deploy a high degree of competency in the execution of the following core tasks:
- Failure investigation of vehicle electrical control systems to root cause and countermeasure development.
- FMEA of new machine sub-systems and components.
- Technical liaison with suppliers (both new & existing) and other functions, notably Purchasing, Manufacturing and Aftermarket. Design for procurement, Cost, Manufacture and Maintenance.
- Incorporate appropriate company and industry design standards.
- Make use of standard documentation forms to capture and communicate Engineering intent as necessary throughout the business
- Support Continuous Improvement activities within ECH-UK and the wider EMEAR Engineering community.
- Support customer-facing activity as necessary.
- Support supervision, coaching and guidance of subordinate Engineers in order to facilitate achievement of their goals according to ECH-UK best practice.
Describe, where appropriate, the level of responsibility and thinking challenge/parameters of the role. Use examples to clarify:
- Accountable for his/her and others safety
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Work within guidelines stated in 'Terex Business Practices'
Experience of mobile off-high/industrial products
Have a hands-on approach to Engineering Design and development
Have a minimum of 2 year's experience working within this type of role and environment
CIMTEAM/ZUKEN E3 user
Excellent verbal and written communicator
Ability to work independently or within a team environment Personal qualities/ behaviours
Integrity and trust
If you would like any further information or an informal chat about the opportunity then please call Craig Wasley on 0161 233 0034 Quoting reference number: 463524/CW
Please note due to the high number of applications if you have not been contacted within 10 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on file for future rol