This job is no longer available
Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Converter Technology provides leading edge custom power converter designs to a global client base and seeks an experienced power electronics engineer to support growth of the company in response to growing customer demand.
The role would ideally suit an experienced design engineer looking for a new challenge in their career and the excitement of working in a small, dynamic and fast growing company. From day one, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing leading custom power solutions for high technology companies in telecoms, automotive, industrial and consumer markets.
The candidate should have:-
- A minimum of 5 years industrial experience in a similar role
- Experience of taking a power design from specification to production
- A degree (2:1 minimum) in electronic/electrical engineering
- Specialism and interest in power/analogue electronics
- Knowledge of common power converter topologies
- Proven hands-on practical skills including prototype PCB build using through hole and SMD technology
- PCB test and debug skills
- Proficiency with common lab equipment including scopes, network analysers, EMI test receivers, electronic loads, data acquisition units and soldering equipment
- PCB layout experience
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills and be able to work in a small team
Above all we are looking for somebody with a thirst for knowledge, a passion for electronics design an ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and adapt quickly to new technical challenges.