This job is no longer available
Power Design Engineer
Worcestershire (nr Kidderminster, Worcester and Birmingham)
£negotiable + benefits
Power Design Engineer is required by our client to play a major role within a small design team developing world class products for the professional audio market. As a Power Design Engineer you will specialise in cutting edge power conversion strategies suitable for use in these products, specifically the design of high speed switching power conversion products.
You will be the technical lead on switching power supplies and class D audio power amplifiers; developing magnetic components, circuits, and track PCBs, to realise new designs. You will define cost, time and performance targets, researching ways to reduce cost, improve efficiency and better performance whilst ensuring EMC and Safety standards are met.
To be considered for this role you will be HNC or degree qualified; or with several equivalent years’ service in relevant industry position. Naturally you will be familiar with schematic capture, PCB layout and mechanical CAD packages with familiarity with spice modelling packages.
Technically, you will have:
· Comprehensive understanding of control loop theory and design
· Comprehensive knowledge of switch mode topologies
· Comprehensive understanding of high speed/power switching silicon devices and drives
· Comprehensive understanding of high power electromagnetic devices and design
· Comprehensive understanding of high power/speed switching circuits and layout
· Understanding of design EMC and Safety implications
· Understanding and prediction of design reliability
· Understanding of modelling and testing mixed signal and power electronics
· Understanding of general electrical, electronic and mechanical principles