This job is no longer available
Hardware Engineer /Junior/Senior/ Team Lead /Manchester
Digital Audio / Music Technology
£ 20,000 to £43,000 dependent upon experience
Hardware Engineers at various levels from junior to senior, are required by our client, a major force in entertainment technology, to provide circuit design and product implementation for their industry leading range of digital audio products. The positions are based in their R&D facility in South Manchester.
To be considered for one of the Hardware Engineer roles, you will be degree-qualified in an Electronic Engineering / technical discipline or have equivalent knowledge gained through experience. You will have experience in the design and implementation of Digital Electronics in combination with:
· An understanding of digital design techniques and practices, in particular mixed technology signal interfacing.
· A working knowledge of programmable logic design and implementation.
· A working knowledge of EMC and Electrical Safety Techniques and Practices.
· The ability to communicate in a concise and coherent manner.
· To be highly self motivated and reliable in character
· Familiarity with Standard Microsoft Office Tools.
Experience of the following is also preferred but is not essential:
· Familiarity with designing with microprocessors
· Familiarity with designing with Digital Signal Processors
· Familiarity with Pro Audio Interfaces
· Familiarity with high performance A/D and D/A interfacing
· Familiarity with communications interfacing - Ethernet, USB, SATA
· Familiarity with mixed signal analogue and digital interfacing
· Have an active interest in music and/or audio systems
Knowledge of professional Audio Software/Hardware would also help but is not essential. A passion for music and audio would also be a bonus.
Key responsibilities will include:
· To Design, and Implement circuit designs for audio products.
· To provide technical support for maintenance and enhancements to both existing and future product lines.
· To liaise with software Team Leaders and Project Managers to deliver functional products to specific deadlines.
· To liaise with other R&D team members in a concise and coherent manner.
· To take responsibility for maintenance and documentation of all designs and technical analysis produced.
Interested? Want more information? Please send your CV to Melvin.Simkiss@Wilsonorange.com or call him on 07834 486015 or 01905 670016