This job is no longer available
I am currently recruiting for a key client in Central London who is looking for 2 Senior DSP Software Engineers for their protocol stack software development team based in the London area.
A Degree (1st class honours preferred) in Engineering or Computer Science is required (preferably telecommunications or electronics) and at least five years previous experience in a wireless DSP software development role is required. Very good coding skills in ANSI C, very good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to become a respected member of the development team are essential.
Other skills / knowledge required:
- Development of wireless signal processing algorithms and systems.
- Simulation and assessment of wireless signal processing algorithms and systems using MATLAB.
- Development of wireless Layer 1 software in C.
- Protocol stack software development.
- Some experience of the development of algorithms for FPGA would be advantageous.
- Wireless voice and data standards (e.g. DMR, TETRA, P25, GSM, UMTS, LTE, Satcom, Marine, Defence).
- An understanding of wireless hardware / RF architecture and technology.
- Embedded software development and real time systems.
- Scripting languages such as Perl, TCL and Python.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
- Development on Windows platforms.
This position will initially be based in the Central London office but may move to another location in the Bristol/Bath area later in 2012.
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience within the range £40,000 to £60,000 PA plus benefits.
You must be able to obtain Baseline Security Clearance for this role and so please ensure you are eligible to apply
If you are interested please send your CV without delay!