This job is no longer available
The key technical challenge is the design, based on a mixture of open standards and proprietary value added capabilities, of a highly-distributed latency-sensitive system that securely provides highly reliable and available access to a broad range of video and Internet applications.
Prior experience in technical, development and/or design role(s) is essential as well as an excellent track record of high achievement in one or both of the following:
• Design of carrier-grade systems.
• Experience of working within a technology validation and/or proof-of-concept role.
You will be able to demonstrate practical experience with many of the following technologies:
• Content Distribution Networks.
• Streaming media technologies and protocols including HTTP adaptive streaming.
• Experience of web client and player frame-work technologies including Adobe Flash, Microsoft Silverlight, HTML and IPTV Set-top-boxes.
• Linux software, including high performance software, server software, and multi-threaded software.
• Solid understanding of Ethernet, IP, TCP and HTTP networking.
You will also have an understanding of the following technologies:
• SQL & Web 2.0 applications.
• IP routing including anycast, BGP and IGPs.
• DNS and load balancing.
• IPTV, DSL, DOCSIS and/or UMTS/LTE access network design.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.