This job is no longer available
FPGA Engineer / Digital Electronics
Manchester, North West, UK
Digital Audio / Music Technology
FPGA Engineers are now required by our client to provide advanced FPGA System implementations for their range of industry leading digital audio products.
To be considered for this role, you will be degree-qualified in an Engineering / technical discipline or have equivalent knowledge gained through experience. You will have proven experience in the implementation of algorithms and solutions for large scale FPGA’s in combination with:
· Degree-qualified in an Engineering / Technical discipline.
· Demonstrable experience in the implementation of algorithms and Solutions for large scale FPGA’s
· A thorough understanding of Verilog Methodologies and Practices
· A thorough understanding of Xilinx Design Environments, and Xilinx FPGA’s
· A thorough understanding of advanced FPGA simulation tools and scripting languages
· The ability to use creative and analytical techniques for the purpose of FPGA based algorithm development.
· Experience of software version control and maintenance procedures and practices.
· The ability to communicate in a concise and coherent manner.
· To be highly self motivated and reliable in character
· Familiarity with Standard Microsoft Office Tools.
Experience of the following is also preferred but is not essential:
· Experience with embedded FPGA based processors
· Familiarity with Ethernet Interfacing and Protocols
· Familiarity with Hardware Test Equipment.
· Familiarity with Hardware Design Practices.
· Familiarity with Pro Audio Interfaces
Knowledge of professional Audio Software/Hardware would also help but is not essential. A passion for music and audio would also be a bonus.