This job is no longer available
Engineering Services Manager
Manchester, North West, UK
£negotiable + benefits
Engineering Services Manager is required by our pro audio client based in Manchester, commutable from Cheshire, Stockport, Bolton, Wigan, Huddersfield, Halifax and surrounds.
As an Engineering Services Manager you will be responsible for the management of Mechanical, PCB and Configuration (product life cycle management) resources providing effective, accurate designs and engineering data for the business.
This Engineering Services Manager will:
- Manage the delivery of mechanical design packages including 3d.
- Manage the delivery of PCB designs.
- Manage configuration eg part numbers, BOMs, data packages, engineering change management.
- Co-ordinate with other global departments to complete the design and problem solve eg system engineers, PCB engineers, manufacturing and various resources in China and Philippines.
- Continuous improvement of data packages and processes.
- Comply with quality standards and company policy.
To be considered for this role you will have a BEng or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline combined with proven experience gained in an Engineering dept together with experience of working with product life cycle management (PLM) or configuration systems.
Essential Skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Resource management skills – people and technology.
- Typical PLM software knowledge eg Oracle PLM or equivalent.
- Electro/mechanical assembly and part knowledge.
- Good communication skills.
· Entrepreneurial, dynamic, used to working in a fast-moving environment
· Self-motivated – to be able to drive designs through from idea to completion
· Commercially aware - to understand the need for short time to market
· Proven track record in working effectively to project timescales