This job is no longer available
Scientist, Engineer - Fort Halstead - Kent
Dstl is one of the principal government organisations dedicated to science and technology in the defence and security field.
We have two key roles available within our Micro Engineered Mechanical Systems (MEMS) & Component Analysis and Test (CAT) team. One is primarily focused on MEMS technologies, the other on semiconductor technologies – and both offer specialist training and real opportunities to advance your skills as you undertake evaluation of groundbreaking microelectronics on behalf of a wide range of customers.
• Devise fresh processes for working with and assessing MEMS and semiconductor devices
• Use a wide range of micro-machining, imaging and semiconductor testing tools
• Produce clear technical memoranda and reports covering your work
To take on all the challenges this role brings, you’ll need:
• Practical experience of working with semiconductor or MEMS devices
• Knowledge of the operation and manufacturing processes of either semiconductor or MEMS devices
• Sound knowledge of the operation of electronic circuitry
• Ideally, qualification to HND/degree level and a Physics or electronics background
We work with the best people with the best ideas around the world – from very small companies to world-class universities, huge defence companies … even other nations. Together we develop battle-winning technologies, based on deep and widespread research, supporting UK military operations now and in the future.
Job reference: 23967. Closing date: 29 June 2012. Interview Date: 17 July 2012.
Open to UK Nationals only.
All our vacancies are listed on the Civil Service jobs website [https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi]
In ‘Job Search’, look for under ‘Department’ for Defence Science and Technology Laboratory. Email a completed application form which can be downloaded from the Civil Service Jobs website and save in MS Word format, then send to email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference in the subject line.
Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
Maximising the impact of science and technology for the defence and security of the UK.