This job is no longer available
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is the central support organisation for over 100 countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Australasia, marketing some of the world’s most popular computer games platforms - PlayStation®2, PSP™ , PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Network.
We are looking to recruit a talented Repair Services Engineer to be responsible for supporting Repair Services operations from an Engineering/Technical point of view, by providing technical support to Region HQ and repair services partners in Europe.
• Analyses of data trends using various statistical and quantitative methods and development of recommendations and business cases to support initiatives;
• Prioritisation approach in Engineering to achieve key opportunities in quality, service and cost;
• Technical leadership/support & training to Repair Services partners on all products & processes;
• Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation and process work instructions compliant with company guidelines;
• Support to Continuous Improvement Program on motherboard repair techniques;
• Establish & maintain a work environment of continuous improvement that supports company’s Quality Policy;
• Monitoring and reporting of variables to Senior Management and HQ in Japan, that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around same;
• Quality Assurance evaluation of Company developed products (peripherals and packaging), including durability and reliability tests according to Company and International Technical standards;
• Cooperation with HQ Technical Team in solving technical and quality issues reported from field;
• R&D of repair tools in cooperation with existing service partners;
• Distribution & management of technical equipment (hardware and software) to service partners, ensuring that this activity follows Company security policy;
• Support to new product introductions within your area of control to ensure an efficient launch;
• Management of business partners development through performance review and development plans.
• Degree or Masters in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production)
• Strong relevant experience in a similar electronics technical position.
• Knowledge of electronic circuitry essential. Ability to read and understand electronics schematic diagrams and mechanical drawings;
• Experience in Quality Assurance techniques. Ideally from manufacturing environment;
• Strong time-management, organisational and communication skills;
• Experience in analytical approach and ability to make recommendations to management;
• Willingness to travel;
• Strong working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office Suite applications: Excel, SQL and PowerPoint;
• Knowledge of packaging manufacturing processes an advantage;
• Fluent English essential – another language a distinct advantage (Japanese or French);
• Six Sigma knowledge an advantage.
To apply for this Repair Services Engineer position, please click Apply now.