This job is no longer available
An experienced Electronics Manufacturing Engineer is required to join a successful global instrumentation company. The Manufacturing Engineer will have worked within a production engineering department or similar; have experience of the manufacture of surface mount and conventional electronic assembly; will be able to do complete component level fault finding and will understand circuit diagrams and key component functions.
Manufacturing Engineer - Electronic Instrumentation
Location - Bedfordshire (M1/A1 Corridors)
Salary - £30-35K
Benefits - competitive
This successful instrumentation company supplies their innovative monitoring instruments to the global industrial & environment marketplace. They are looking for an Electronics Manufacturing Engineer to join their team to act as the key engineering liaison between the global design teams and the manufacturing bases in the Far East and Europe. You will assist in the planning and control of all global manufacturing engineering and commercial related activities.
- Manage product release from R&D prototype through manufacturing to configuration.
- Assist in ensuring that product design meets all the manufacturability, serviceability and testability criteria.
- Assist in commission of new product mould tooling.
- Assist with product mechanical design requirements (both internal and external).
- Identify and manage delivery of manufacturing and test related fixtures.
- Identify engineering improvement opportunities to control product costs
- Provide training to production operatives as required.
- Coordinate the release of changes / concessions into the supply chain.
- Manage and maintain sub-contractors test and configuration systems.
- Assist supply management in supplier appraisals and approval of samples.
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken and controlled in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to measure performance and demonstrate continual improvement.
To be considered for the role of Manufacturing Engineer you need the following experiences:
- BTEC/ONC Electronics Engineering (HNC or degree would be even better!)
- Minimum 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) at a C or above
- Commercial experience of Electronic & Mechanical principles
- Post Education experience in a commercial environment
- Experience in the manufacture of medium volume supportive mount and conventional electronic assembly
- Experience working with a quality management environment
- Demonstrative robust experience of component level fault finding and the ability to understand circuit diagrams and key component functions
Key Words: Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Electronics, Mechanical