This job is no longer available
Project Manager, Cambridgeshire
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our project management team, taking on a very broad responsibility to guide major projects, both strategic and client-driven.
We are looking for someone with a proven ability to motivate and manage a project team, interacting directly with customers and the management team. Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience in software project management or product management, ideally within the chemical engineering, petrochemicals or process industry sectors.
Individual projects can involve full-time teams of up to 20 developers and testers, sometimes dedicated for several years.
We are searching for a candidate with the following profile:
* A strong engineering, scientific or mathematical background
* Experience of successfully managing a team
* At least 5 years of experience working in a software project management or product management role, ideally within the chemical engineering, petrochemicals or process industry sectors
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and explain complex technical topics
* Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work in a team environment
* Proven organisational and time/project management skills
* Proven ability to build and maintain technical and commercial awareness
* Strong experience using Microsoft Office tools
* Familiarity with the software development process, including experience of programming or software-testing will be a plus
* Familiarity with Microsoft Project and/or Microsoft SharePoint will be a plus