This job is no longer available
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors
The purpose of this role is to work within the safety and EMC compliance team performing pre-compliance and compliance safety standards testing of Dyson products against the relevant worldwide safety standards.
This is what we need you to do...
Work with our Compliance Engineers to carry out product testing to applicable global safety test standards in order to evaluate product compliance
• Carry out laboratory tests using relevant test equipment eg. dataloggers, power meters, multimeters etc.
• Produce clear test reports based on detailed and accurate test records
• Liaise with project teams in order to ensure testing is carried out on schedule
• Work in and maintain the safety testing laboratory including calibrations and data management
This is what we need you to have...
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience of working in a test laboratory or similar environment using test and measurement equipment.
• Experience of carrying out testing in electronics or related fields and producing accurate and detailed reports.
• HNC or equivalent experience in an electrical/electronic discipline
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• A minimum of two years experience working in an electrical/electronic test environment
• A detailed and methodical approach to testing and reporting
• Be able to handle a broad and complex workload
• Good practical ‘hands-on’ testing skills
• Have good organisational and record keeping skills
• Have good analytical and problem solving skills
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.careers.dyson.com