This job is no longer available
At Dyson we are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. We’re creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. But most of all we’re hugely passionate about what we do.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors
We are looking for an experienced and talented electronics engineer to join our global safety compliance team. Dyson currently sell in 56 countries and the list is growing, so this role will be key in providing support, expertise and advice to the business. Reporting directly to the Head of Global Compliance, the Compliance Engineer will work closely with Dyson design teams to ensure that projects meet all applicable global safety standards and legislation.
This is what we need you to do...
Ensure products are designed for compliance to relevant product safety standards and reinforce a ‘design for compliance’ approach
• Become a source of technical expertise for global standards and legislation
• Work closely with internal departments, Dyson global offices and external certification bodies to deliver third party certifications
• Ensure compliance activities run smoothly using effective planning and reporting tools
• Develop new compliance processes and provide training and guidance
This is what we need you to have...
Experience in a Compliance Engineer role desirable, preferably high volume manufacturing
• Standards and legislation expertise desirable, preferably consumer products
• The ability to interpret technical documents and provide design guidance
• Experience of working with external organisations and managing technical data files
• Excellent communication and reporting skills and the ability to liaise at all levels within the business
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit a supporting statement in addition to your CV clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required package.
Further information about Dyson is available at our website www.dyson.com