This job is no longer available
We are currently resourcing for a Global client who is seeking an Open Source Specialist to join their company in a Senior Team Lead capacity. The jobs main purpose is to coordinate the Open Source activities within the company and will involve taking senior responsibility for all Open Source software contributions and providing a high level of technical authority across multiple technical domains.
You will be representing our client in the wider Open Source community and promoting their activities and strategies. Responsible for performing all, or part, of the open source software development lifecycle and therefore should have experienced this type of work previously.
You will have a say on the direction of new projects which may involve feasibility, design and prototyping work across the complete range of software platforms used by our client. As this is a senior level position you will be expected to develop and maintain a broad understanding of all Linux based platform components that can be used in mobile devices.
You will report to a relevant department manager and ultimately to the MD of the company, you will be technically responsible for a team of engineers.
In order to be considered suitable for this opportunity your CV will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- A degree in a relevant technical area such as Electronics, Computer Science, Maths etc.
- A proven record in Real Time embedded software development, preferably for mobile devices.
- Proficiency in C and an understanding of the range of programming languages used in software development.
- Development experience in an Open Source software project development community.
- Strong experience in design and development of embedded systems for mobile platforms.
- A good understanding of documentation requirements, with an ability to clearly present complex ideas and technical designs.
- Superb inter-personal and communication skills with an ability to communicate to MD and VP level.
- The passion and ability to lead a team and to manage the work of other engineers within a team structure.
This role is working on the latest cutting edge Open Source projects in the mobile device market and offers a superb opportunity to join one of the top players in the market.
The position is permanent and offers superb opportunities to progress through the management structure. Salary is negotiable based on experience and the position is available for an immediate start.
If interested please send your CV without delay.