This job is no longer available
Workshop Technician (Toolmaker)
We are looking for a skilled Senior Workshop Technician / Toolmaker to work in a fast moving R&D company developing cutting edge products, used in a multitude of industry sectors. This is a position for a highly skilled hands-on CNC machinist capable of producing a variety of components from a wide range of materials, and assembling them into prototype products with minimal supervision. You will be working in an extremely very well equipped workshop and will have the opportunity to use a range of machine tools, both conventional and CNC / CAD-CAM, together with some really exciting high-end technology equipment. The kind of technologies you will be working on include (training given where necessary) Electro-discharge machining (EDM), including wire erosion, die sinking, stereo-lithography, 3D printing, 2D laser printing, injection moulding and use of Instrom. The company is committed to using the very latest tools and technologies so you will benefit from plenty of ongoing training as new techniques evolve.
You will need;
- Previous experience of working as a workshop technician / workshop engineer developing tools as a toolmaker.
- Ability to produce components from a range of materials and able to assemble them into prototypes.
- Apprenticeship or Vocational qualifications such a GNVQ or City and Guilds,
- Experience of Machining (CNC) and fabrication
- Experience of CAD / CAM
- Experience of any of the following would be beneficial but not essential as training can be given:
- Electro-discharge machining (EDM), including wire erosion
- Die Sinking
- 3D Printing
- 2D Laser printing
- Injection Moulding
Location: Royston (commutable from Bedford, North London, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harlow and Bury St Edmunds)
Salary: £20k - £35k + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached.