This job is no longer available
* To provide a professional focus for all aspects of PMS relating to Safety on Projects.
* To provide Subject Matter Expertise in Safety Engineering.
* To plan and prepare the safety justification for PMS, leading to the software (or systems) safety case in accordance with Def-Stan 00-55 or equivalent.
* To negotiate and manage PMS contributions to overall Safety Targets with other Design Authorities.
* To lead the decomposition and derivation of Safety Requirements for PMS and secure agreement with all parties on the means by which these requirements will be accepted.
* To review and accept supplier Safety Justifications.
* To ensure that IPMS safety engineering activities are implemented in a timely manner to address the needs of the project, identifying the need for specific resources.
* To provide highly effective and credible Technical Representation for the SAE and Engineering when dealing with other Safety Engineering authorities on the CVF project.
* To support surface and submarine Safety Certification programmes.
* To provide input and status to risk register elements associated with Safety and to populate and manage Mission System related elements within PDM.
* To provide the lead in achievement of IPMS COMSEC Accreditation.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
* Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline with at experience in Safety Justification of critical systems.
* Good understanding of the requirements of Defence Projects.
* Working experience with Defence Standards, Military Specifications and Lloyds Rules, in particular JSP 430, Def-Stan 00-55 and IEC 61508.
* Experience of Availability and Reliability analysis to support SIL related assurance assessment.
* Experience in specification, design and procurement of shipboard systems.
* Good understanding of design, human factors, safety, quality, test and acceptance processes.
* Good planning, communications, organisational and co-ordination skills.
* Good PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Project).
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.